We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Supernova.

Can we have a serious discussion?

First of all, I love make me. So don't comment troll or downvote. Like in life, we can discuss serious issues and talk about both sides of the topic. 

Anyway.

Sure she loves making music but it's clear that it isn't something she's truly passionate about. And her name alone can't bring her success like it used to. No one other than fans really care about her music. I saw the daily radio thread and now it's starting to slow down.

do you guys think Britney is over and she's somewhat over it? 

I truly think she is. :sobbing:

I think she's passionate about making music; she just doesn't care about promoting it or how it charts anymore.

As for the rest... I think Britney is one of those artists who will never truly be over, like Madonna.  Everything she's done in her career will stand the test of time, and she'll always be an icon/legend.  She'll sell less, and her singles will hardly chart, but she'll still be relevant.  I don't think she's reached that point yet, though.  

Well, as she has gotten older, she has prioritized other things over her music, namely her family and her children.

I still believe she is passionate about music and her career as a whole, you just have to look at the quality of Make Me and how much more energetic she is lately.

Her name doesn't bring as much success because she hasn't put herself out there in terms of promo. If we're honest though, she's always hated doing promo (mainly interviews), and she's at the point in her career where if she doesn't want to do a ton of promo, she doesn't have to because she will always have an enormous fanbase that would support her.

1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

I think she's passionate about making music; she just doesn't care about promoting it or how it charts anymore.

As for the rest... I think Britney is one of those artists who will never truly be over, like Madonna.  Everything she's done in her career will stand the test of time, and she'll always be an icon/legend.  She'll sell less, and her singles will hardly chart, but she'll still be relevant.  I don't think she's reached that point yet, though.  

She's definitely one of those artists to those who grow up with her, but for the GP she isn't cared about. 

I really don't know what to think anymore.

she may not like doing promo, interviews and stuff

but why just not giving a fck about your music? like you can post something....on your social media about the song and not about cupcakes, pancakes and flowers i dont get it.:sickofu:

20 minutes ago, Supernova. said:

She's definitely one of those artists to those who grow up with her, but for the GP she isn't cared about. 

They don't care about her like they did even 5 years ago, but people will always be interested when she does something.  She's just that kind of celebrity.  Like I said, she's a Madonna.  Just look how her BBMA performance dominated headlines the next day.  

6 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

Ooh La La did it

Eh, that was just a song for a dumb kids' movie, and people were aware of that.  It didn't kill her legitimacy.  Had she followed it up with a good album instead of BJ, it wouldn't have been a problem at all.

3 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

Eh, that was just a song for a dumb kids' movie, and people were aware of that.  It didn't kill her legitimacy.  Had she followed it up with a good album instead of BJ, it wouldn't have been a problem at all.

BJ is a good album, but they decided to not promote it :whitneyshade: Ooh La La, otherwise, is the most cringeworthy song ever, even for a Kids' Movie

48 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

BJ is a good album, but they decided to not promote it :whitneyshade: Ooh La La, otherwise, is the most cringeworthy song ever, even for a Kids' Movie

BJ, with the exception of Work Bitch and Perfume, was an unfinished sloppy mess :NYdisgust:

I think this is one one of those things we'll never actually have an answer for or understand! I pray pray pray one day she gives us the book we deserveeeeeeeeeee. Full of all the answers. A beautifully written masterpiece. 

I can see where you're coming from. Personally if she said that she was retiring from music I would understand. She obviously just wants to be a full time mum to her kids. She's probably only doing the Vegas shows because of all the money they rake in. Nevertheless I will always support Britney no matter what she does because she's just a normal down to earth person.

2 hours ago, Archaeologist said:

But the GP cared for her tremendously during the FF era... which was only a few years ago. BJ screwed her legitimacy in the GP's eyes honestly.

3 minutes ago, Britney's Soldier. said:

No i think is PG :crying11:

The GP doesn't even know that those exist :riha:

2 minutes ago, originalblonde said:

for someone with that many posts you'd think you'd realize the bullshit you just spewed...

If you want to contribute to this thread do it in a mature way. Everyone is being respectful, now leave.

43 minutes ago, andy131 said:

I think this is one one of those things we'll never actually have an answer for or understand! I pray pray pray one day she gives us the book we deserveeeeeeeeeee. Full of all the answers. A beautifully written masterpiece. 

I would buy a million copies :lanacackle:

1 hour ago, Supernova. said:

If you want to contribute to this thread do it in a mature way. Everyone is being respectful, now leave.

LOL.  You are not fucking God.  You sound bat sh!t crazy to begin with.  You don't know how she thinks or feels.  You literally must think you're baby jesus.  Besides the fact that if you're going off of everything she's been doing this year, you'd be bold faced stupid to not see she is more passionate than fucking ever before in her career!