We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Iggy Azalea Recorded Her Rap For Demi Without Hearing The Song First

Iggy Azalea Recorded Her Rap For Demi Without Hearing The Song

Iggy Azalea laid down a rap for Demi Lovato's "Kingdom Come" without listening to it.

We're not sure that's something to boast about, but Lovato admits her best friend and latest musical collaborator Miss Iggy Iggs sent over her contribution to their song together without hearing it first. That means she's either insanely talented, or so generic any rap would fit.

“When we finally made the decision of which songs were making the album I said ’OK I want her on this one.’ So I called her and was like, ’Hey will you do a song?’,” Demi told MTV. “And she’s like, ’Yeah sure I’ll go into the studio tonight.'”

“I was like, ’Do you want to hear it first?’ She’s like ’No it’s cool,'” Demi said, adding that her verse “fit perfectly.” “I’m like you’re an amazing friend and I love you.”

“I was a fan of her before we were friends, so I feel like I knew what it would sound like,” she said. “And I was just excited to hear it back, it was so much more than I even expected.”

Lovato confirms she wasn't surprised with Iggy's rap in the slightest. We know what she actually means, and perhaps throwing on a rap onto someone else's song without an idea of how it flows is standard. Wasn't she the least bit curious? We're trying, OK?

Demi said of the song to Billboard ahead of her VMA performance with Iggy, “It sounds awesome, and I’m really excited for everyone to hear it. She was really excited too — she was like, ‘I’m really excited with where your music is going.’ And to me, that meant a lot, because before I even knew Iggy I was a big fan, and so it was really cool to hear her say that. Our sounds really meshed well.”

Thoughts?

http://www.breatheheavy.com/iggy-azalea-recorded-her-rap-for-demi-without-hearing-the-song-first/'>

It's funny because Iggy now belongs to the US and Australia is like laughing at this, she never even acknowledges us either so...  :takeaseat:

Her recognition is similar to Kylie Minogue's, she's dead to us. iggy.gif

They should be ashamed of admitting they have no artistic integrity, or so little, to not even listen to the verses of the other when making a collaboration. :juggingu:

Her recognition is similar to Kylie Minogue's, she's dead to usiggy.gif

I suppose this is why her latest album, Kiss Me Once, reached #1 in Australia. :explainLOL:

Didn't Demi used to condescend female artists who wear revealing clothing and act sexy? I guess it's different now that she feels confident enough to do the same. No one likes a hypocrite.

a lot of artists have been like that, could be she also had a controlled image before or simply just changed. or comment on it out of anger because she couldnt be like that herself yet.

They should be ashamed of admitting they have no artistic integrity, or so little, to not even listen to the verses of the other when making a collaboration. :juggingu:

I suppose this is why her latest album, Kiss Me Once, reached #1 in Australia. :explainLOL:

A lot can happen in the span of 1 year. iggy.gif