We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Amy Winehouse's Family Wants Nothing To Do With New Documentary

Amy Winehouse's Family Wants Nothing To Do With New Documentary

Amy Winhouse's family says her new documentary is "misleading."

Just weeks before its debut at the Cannes Film Festival in May, Winehouse's family blasted the doc because they feel it doesn't accurate represent the late singer and now wish to "disassociate themselves from the forthcoming film," their spokesperson tells People.

The family feels director Asif Kapadia characterized them as unsupportive when Winehouse needed them most.

"It is both misleading and contains some basic untruths," the family said in a statement. "The narrative is formed by the testimony of a narrow sample of Amy's associates, many of whom had nothing to do with her in the last years of her life. Counter views expressed to the filmmakers did not make the final cut."

"I felt sick when I watched it for the first time," Winehouse's dad told The Sun. "Amy would be furious. This is not what she would have wanted." He also says the role her ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, played was ignored.

A spokesperson for the film told People, "We came on board with the full backing of the Winehouse family and we approached the project with total objectivity.

"We conducted in the region of 100 interviews with people that knew Amy. The story that the film tells is a reflection of our findings from these interviews."

"Amy" is in theaters across the UK starting July 3rd. Are you seeing it still?

http://www.breatheheavy.com/amy-winehouses-family-wants-nothing-to-do-with-new-documentary/'>

If that's true, it's gross of the director..

But I find it a little shady and it sounds like damage control, because they were very pretty shameless when Amy was going through a really rough time.

Her father took every chance to cash in on the publicity of his daughter's fame and they were estranged, and it seems it could have been for a reason (which we may see in the documentary). 

Shady shady

Or perhaps Mitch Winehouse doesn't like the way he's portrayed in the film, as sometimes he does come off a little shady.

However, if this is true and the documentary is inaccurate, it's a shame.

I adore Amy, I visited her statue in Camden last week, I love going there <3 R.I.P.