We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Trance

The Official Björk Thread: Björk Is Working On New Album

Her singing is depressing .. She sounds like she's agonizing ...

I wouldn't say it's depressing but rather more animalistic and primal at times depending on the nature of the song she is singing. However she can have varying effects on people. 

Yeah, my family hate her singing. Haha.

Yeah no one I know likes her. I tried getting a friend to watch the video for Hunter and to listen to some songs and he just wound up disliking her even more lol. 

Yeah. But my favourite song on the album is actually Desired Constellation (also one of my favourite Bjork songs). And that track is the only one that only makes use of an instrument rather than a choir or a beatboxer, etc.

Good point. I have a few favorites off that album namely Desired Constellation, Oceania, and Sonnets/Unrealities XI. 

I remember when I became and was a Björk stan (cause it was all about Björk for a couple of years after that) and bought Dancer in the Dark on DVD, I watched AT LEAST once a day for 6 months. 

Maybe that's why I am the way I am today.  :pieceofwhat:  :umomg:  :crying2:

I remember when I became and was a Björk stan (cause it was all about Björk for a couple of years after that) and bought Dancer in the Dark on DVD, I watched AT LEAST once a day for 6 months. 

Maybe that's why I am the way I am today.  :pieceofwhat:  :umomg:  :crying2:

That sounds intense. I have only been able to see that movie a few times because it is so sad but it is a wonderful movie. 

That sounds intense. I have only been able to see that movie a few times because it is so sad but it is a wonderful movie. 

I know! I just recently watched it again for the first time in many years, and I don't know how I was able to do it. Hahaha. But it's a great movie, and Björk's performance in it is (insane and) absolutely amazing.

:crying5:

I know! I just recently watched it again for the first time in many years, and I don't know how I was able to do it. Hahaha. But it's a great movie, and Björk's performance in it is (insane and) absolutely amazing.

:crying5:

I agree and it was a shame that the only acting award she won for it was from the Cannes Film Festival but that in and of itself is an accomplishment. 

Well, it makes sense that you'd go from watching Dancer in the Dark every day for six months to listening to Nico. What's next, Joy Division every day for a year? ;)

Haha, I know right. I first got into Nico and the Velvets around the same time as Björk, but as much as I loved Nico back then I couldn't really bring myself to listen to her too often. But now I blast her and sing along and get angry with my friends when they don't.

Haven't listened much to Joy Division, yet, so maybe that's the next step! Thanks for reminding me. ;)

Yeah it's hard for me to name another acting performance that is of the same level. 

I'm not comparing, by any means, but my favorite actress has always been Sissy Spacek. Since I saw Carrie for the first time as a little boy she's always been my favorite. A couple of years ago I saw a lesser known movie with her called 'Night Mother. While it shares non of the themes as Dancer in the Dark it sort of left me with the same feeling of sadness (and maybe even hoplessness). Once again, not comparing the two movies, just mentioning it, cause I don't think it has gotten the recognition it deserves.

:)

I'm not comparing, by any means, but my favorite actress has always been Sissy Spacek. Since I saw Carrie for the first time as a little boy she's always been my favorite. A couple of years ago I saw a lesser known movie with her called 'Night Mother. While it shares non of the themes as Dancer in the Dark it sort of left me with the same feeling of sadness (and maybe even hoplessness). Once again, not comparing the two movies, just mentioning it, cause I don't think it has gotten the recognition it deserves.

:)

That sounds interesting and somewhat familiar, I'll check it out. Thanks for sharing.  :)

I saw some of you mentioned Oceania as favorite song of off Medúlla. I love Oceania as well, and also this remix with Kelis. You've probably heard it, but I sometimes forget about it.

Ah yes I've heard this and find Kelis as a nice edition to the song. I also enjoyed Björk's performance of Oceania at the Olympics in Athens. 

I remember this so well, because this was a couple of months after I became a stan. I didn't know then, but I've read about it later that there was a technical error. She was supposed to be lifted as the song went on, and her dress would have gotten more effect.

:crying3:

Looks like a good movie regardless of the trailer lol. 

It really is. But maybe not family entertainment.  :pieceofwhat:

Sorry to go off topic, but have you seen other von Trier movies? Other than Dancer in the Dark I've only seen Melancholica, but I loved that as well.

I remember this so well, because this was a couple of months after I became a stan. I didn't know then, but I've read about it later that there was a technical error. She was supposed to be lifted as the song went on, and her dress would have gotten more effect.

:crying3:

Really? Man that would have been so cool to see.