We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Trance

The Official Björk Thread: Björk Is Working On New Album

I was hesitant to make this thread because I don't know if there are others here who are also fans of Icelandic artist Björk but I decided to make it anyway because I love her. She is one of if not the most critically acclaimed musician of her time. She is also the most innovative musician of her time and her voice is celestial. None of her albums sound the same, her music videos are ground breaking, and she is a pioneer in many genres. Björk's sound can't be categorized to a single genre as she has explored and mastered every single genre you can think of. I was excited to hear that earlier this month she confirmed that she is working on her ninth album set for release in 2015. She is working on the album with Arca who worked with Kanye on Yeezus and with FKA Twigs. So during this waiting period I thought I would take it upon myself to bring attention to her upcoming album and to share her music. Here are two songs to give you a very small taste of Björk's artistry. For those of you who are familiar with her look at these songs as a chance to reminisce. I will be updating this thread with everything from all of her music videos to interviews, images, etc.... until her new album is released so keep an eye out. 

bjork_color.jpg

yessssss.

I hope it's nothing like Volta and more like Vespertine.

That would be great but knowing Björk it will sound like nothing she has done before lol. Whatever it winds up sounding like though I can't wait for it to come out. 

That would be great but knowing Björk it will sound like nothing she has done before lol. Whatever it winds up sounding like though I can't wait for it to come out. 

Yeah that's what's so great about her. She's always refreshing.

I don't have much more to say about this tbh, she's very unpredictable. But I'm excited i love her music. It's very relaxing and touching.

Yeah that's what's so great about her. She's always refreshing.

I don't have much more to say about this tbh, she's very unpredictable. But I'm excited i love her music. It's very relaxing and touching.

Yep she never repeats herself and never seems to run out of ideas. She is very unpredictable and some of her songs change directions so unexpectedly. I feel like she has music that I can listen to no matter what mood I'm in. For example, if I want to relax I'll listen to Vespertine. 

Yep she never repeats herself and never seems to run out of ideas. She is very unpredictable and some of her songs change directions so unexpectedly. I feel like she has music that I can listen to no matter what mood I'm in. For example, if I want to relax I'll listen to Vespertine. 

Vespertine is, next to Blackout, my fave album ever.

You're right, for example Mutual Core, like at first it's really calm and then it's really dramatic and loud.

IA. She's amazing tbh. Her lyrics are amazing too. She doesn't even rhyme yet it sounds so good.

Vespertine is, next to Blackout, my fave album ever.

You're right, for example Mutual Core, like at first it's really calm and then it's really dramatic and loud.

IA. She's amazing tbh. Her lyrics are amazing too. She doesn't even rhyme yet it sounds so good.

Same goes for Crystalline. The first time I head it I was blown away by the sudden change in the structure and intensity of the song. Vespertine is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time and the same goes for Homogenic, that album still sounds so forward thinking and it was released in the 90s. She has such a mastery with lyrics and song structure. English isn't even her native language and her songwriting is more effective than many English speaking artists. 

Same goes for Crystalline. The first time I head it I was blown away by the sudden change in the structure and intensity of the song. Vespertine is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time and the same goes for Homogenic, that album still sounds so forward thinking and it was released in the 90s. She has such a mastery with lyrics and song structure. English isn't even her native language and her songwriting is more effective than many English speaking artists. 

mte. fucking incredible

Yeah I love that too. And the way she can suggest several different things in one song lyrically and sonically.

I mean, for example in Pagan Poetry, it's kinda really sad but atst it's really sexual and mysterious.

What I don't like about her are her music vids. :juggingu:

mte. fucking incredible

Yeah I love that too. And the way she can suggest several different things in one song lyrically and sonically.

I mean, for example in Pagan Poetry, it's kinda really sad but atst it's really sexual and mysterious.

What I don't like about her are her music vids. :juggingu:

Her lyrics are so complex and never sound like she is forcing various meanings into them and the instrumentation mixed with the beats only adds to the depth in her songs. Pagan Poetry is one of my favorite songs of hers. I really love her music videos but I can see why others wouldn't. 

Her lyrics are so complex and never sound like she is forcing various meanings into them and the instrumentation mixed with the beats only adds to the depth in her songs. Pagan Poetry is one of my favorite songs of hers. I really love her music videos but I can see why others wouldn't. 

exactly.

her lyrics are truly amazing.

They tend to be ridiculous. Like hidden place (such a waste for such a flawless song) or I miss you. But I love Pagan poetry and MC.

:kiss:

exactly.

her lyrics are truly amazing.

They tend to be ridiculous. Like hidden place (such a waste for such a flawless song) or I miss you. But I love Pagan poetry and MC.

:kiss:

They really are. I love all her videos for different reasons but I see what you mean. I love MC too and I can see why she did that video for Hidden Place. I used to watch Ren and Stimpy and the same artist did her video for I Miss You so I appreciated it. Plus seeing her with red hair was cool.