Sign in to follow this  
BJSPEARS

Help: Who Here Has A Job And Goes To School Full Time?

Like I really want a job because my scholarship isn't gonna cover my study abroad fees and my parents don't think studying abroad is necessary so they're not gonna pay or w.e

So yeah I kinda need a job. I've never worked before. So like how does it work? Like how much hours is part time? And do I have to work like every weekend?

Full time 8 hrs, 5 days a week = 40hrs

Part time 4 hrs 5 days a week = 20hrs

I work as a Patient Care Technician at a hospital. I'm a PRN which is a medical term for an on call employee. I think it's awesome to be a Patient Care Technician while going to school and being PRN. I'm making $15 an hour and i'm on call meaning I only work when I want to. If I want to work or need money i'll call the hospital tell them i'm available to work and they put me on the schedule, the policy is I have to work atleast one day a month so I could literally just work one day, and go on vacation for 3 weeks and they can't fire me =]] It's great cuz i'll be starting nursing school soon so I'll be making good money on my watch while going to school.

You sound spoiled tbh

Only get a job if you think you're going to have time for it. If you have other commitments in/outside of school, make sure you work out some kind of plan that ensures they won't get in the way of your job. Hours tend to vary on the company itself, but you can also speak to your manager about the hours and try to negotiate with them as well. Most will be understanding and willing to change them for you, but don't complain if they're not.

You also have to make yourself as presentable as possible to the manager, as it usually decides whether you get the job or not.

i work part time and i took 6 classes and had an internship one day a week last semester. i wanted to die tbh. but what's your school schedule like and i can suggest how many days u should work 

i work part time and i took 6 classes and had an internship one day a week last semester. i wanted to die tbh. but what's your school schedule like and i can suggest how many days u should work

I have no classes on Friday/sat/sun

And I start at 2 on Monday and Wednesday

Full time 8 hrs, 5 days a week = 40hrs

Part time 4 hrs 5 days a week = 20hrs

I work as a Patient Care Technician at a hospital. I'm a PRN which is a medical term for an on call employee. I think it's awesome to be a Patient Care Technician while going to school and being PRN. I'm making $15 an hour and i'm on call meaning I only work when I want to. If I want to work or need money i'll call the hospital tell them i'm available to work and they put me on the schedule, the policy is I have to work atleast one day a month so I could literally just work one day, and go on vacation for 3 weeks and they can't fire me =]] It's great cuz i'll be starting nursing school soon so I'll be making good money on my watch while going to school.

Slay Honey Mouth

I have no classes on Friday/sat/sun

And I start at 2 on Monday and Wednesday

u probably get out of classes too late to work on Monday or Wednesday. I wouldn't suggest working tuesday so u can do homework or study if u need it for wednesday. I'd say work Thursday (idk if u have class or not), Friday, Saturday. Keep Sunday and Tuesday for homework/studying