- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

breatheheavy

breatheheavy

HBIC

• Super Administrators
  • 18,297 posts

Laura Rose from the Huffington Post wrote an awesome note to Britney about dealing with the struggles a twenty-something year-old person faces.

Boy can I relate...

Titled: "An Open Letter to Britney Spears, Re: 2007"

Hey Girl,

Five years ago, I watched KABC cover the breaking news of you shaving your head in Sherman Oaks. I remember thinking: "She is so lucky, but why does she cry? If there is nothing missing in her life, why do tears come at night?"

But here I am -- not a girl, not quite a woman -- and it's all coming into focus for me. One's 20′s um, suck. They're filled with heartache, self-doubt, and for some, a burning desire to shave off every last lock.

My 17-year-old heart sank that night, Brit. The sexy, cool, southern charmer that led me through my adolescence lost her way. I couldn't imagine what you were dealing with to take such drastic measures. While some say that incident may have been related to alleged bipolar disorder, you also undoubtedly were experiencing a quarter-life crisis.

A basic Google search led me to this description of QLC:

"People experiencing a quarter life crisis often feel "lost, scared, lonely or confused" about what steps to take in order to transition properly into adulthood." - Wikipedia, duh

This anxiety can be caused by the end of relationships, family pressure, and career goal concerns. Most note-worthy, it can lead to "acting out," (see: shaving your head, vandalizing cars with umbrellas, binge eating, etc).

Listen, B -- 2012 has done to me what 2007 did to you. While I haven't shaved my head (yet), I can understand why that seemed like your only option. After a certain point, it feels like your hair might be the last thing within your control. Okay, fine, that's dramatic, but whatever.

I just wish I didn't judge you, Britney of 2007.

I wish I could have called you up for drinks (maybe just tea for you) to hug it out. Because it turns out, you were once again blazing the way for girls like me. You showed us that, hey, life might get a little shitty in your third decade, and that's okay.

You ended up surviving that rough patch, B. You found true love -- fingers crossed for this one -- you lost your meltdown weight, and you make 15 million dollars to sit in a chair.

While I can only hope for, at most, two of those things at the end of my third decade, I can hope for something -- and that's thanks to you, B.

Much love

• Rybellion., diiihazevedo and tspaulding89 like this

comeback kid

comeback kid

Lovin Britney till the world ends!

• Members
  • 16,491 posts
  • LocationThe Sewer Dancin With Britney till the world ends!
:crying1:

Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey

This is ultraviolence

• Senior Members
  • 12,879 posts
  • LocationWest Coast
Its Britney Bitch likes this.

comeback kid

comeback kid

• Members
  • 16,491 posts

Its Britney Bitch likes this.

I like it to !

Heiress

Heiress

• Members
  • 10,376 posts
wiping my eyes :crying3:

Guest_Lyrical_*

Guest_Lyrical_*
  • Guests
I recently wrote an essay on Britney for my English class. We had to do a made up person or celeb with an interesting story, many people in my class found Brit's story as the most interesting one.
  • brazil likes this

Gimmemoretoxic

Gimmemoretoxic

Baby

• Members
  • 210 posts
That girl is a great writer, her personality shines through the paper.

comeback kid

comeback kid

• Members
  • 16,491 posts

That girl is a great writer, her personality shines through the paper.

• Gimmemoretoxic likes this

Agustina

Agustina

Baby

• Members
  • 83 posts
Loved it.

Greyson

Greyson

Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 11,229 posts
  • LocationCanada
:crying1:

MrsOcta

MrsOcta

Stalker

• Members
  • 9,109 posts
Aw!

zsephut

zsephut

still a blur

• Senior Members
  • 6,238 posts
What a cunty letter! Ugh I can't stand the Huffington Post :lul:
  • circus31819 likes this

Rico.

Rico.

>(*v*)<

• Members
  • 40,013 posts
omg how beautiful

Phoebe buffay

Phoebe buffay

Stalker

• Members
  • 9,431 posts
Its so true a lot of people's who judges Britney should read that girl post. A lot of ppls who go throughout a life time changing or had feelings too long inside their heart act a lot like britney did. The only reason that everyone over reacted and judged was because she was famous and because she was britney spears. Im glad she understand brit better she is a flawless writer and i hope her life will get better!

Cleopatra

Cleopatra

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
cheesy, over-simplified and stupid.

Guest_Kay._*

Guest_Kay._*
  • Guests
It's beautiful - and what I have been saying for a year or more. I am 25 now and I get it - it started to sink in around 23/24 ish. When growing up, you go through rough battles.
  • Rybellion. and Lenore like this

Mártin

Mártin

Kiss, Bite

• Senior Members
  • 43,048 posts
Flawless letter. Love it

David.

David.

•Matt•

• Senior Members
  • 67,316 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Only We Know...
Very sweet ....

GotBritsBack

GotBritsBack

• Members
  • 11,447 posts
Holy fuck that is so beautiful.

Lenore

Lenore

B L A C K O U T stan

• Members
  • 7,129 posts
  • LocationTennessee

It's beautiful - and what I have been saying for a year or more. I am 25 now and I get it - it started to sink in around 23/24 ish. When growing up, you go through rough battles.

Same here! I just turned 25 and I've been thru more in the past 6 months than I have in the last 6 years, tbh.
:umum: growing up is hard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users