Photo

La Reid Leaving The X Factor. Is Britney Next?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

breatheheavy

breatheheavy

Owner

• Super Administrators
  • 19,120 posts

LA Reid is not returning for next season of The X Factor, reports Access Hollywood.

“I have decided that I will not return to ‘The X Factor’ next year,” he told Access’ Shaun Robinson in an exclusive interview. “I have to go back and I have a company to run that I’ve kind of neglected and it saddens me a little bit, but only a little bit.”

LA wants to re-focus his role as the chairman and CEO of Epic Records.

“It was a nice break, it was a nice departure from what I’ve done for the past 20 years, but now I gotta go back to work,” he said.

“I have a huge responsibility to a roster of artists and it’s kind of time for me to stop doing the ‘me’ show,” he said.

Though the announcement seems sudden, LA says he and Simon remain close.

“I love Simon. We have a great relationship, we have fun together, we talk, we laugh, we do bad things, we’re friends. I owe so much to Simon,” L.A. said. “I really have a lot [of] respect for him and I always will. I support him, I support the show and I’ll always be in business with him.”

Britney may be in a similar position; news already hit she's working on her next studio album, and the contract she signed was a one year deal.

From Billboard: "It's likely Cowell will not only need to hire a replacement for Reid, but also one for Britney Spears, who only signed a one-season deal. Cowell has said that the $5 million prize, which will be given out on Dec. 20, is likely to be reduced."

Fraser

Fraser

The Flood

• Senior Members
  • 19,846 posts
If Britney stays, then we have her, Simon, and two other celebrities? :xf14:

NoRemedyForMemory

NoRemedyForMemory

Posting Freak

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
such a mess

G-unit

G-unit

Dr. Spears

• Members
  • 15,346 posts
...but what about Demi? Did she say she wasn't coming back?

I bet Britney and Demi both come back. I feel like if they scrap Britney and Demi, they're not giving the show a chance to live. People are going to be like "Oh, who the f**k is judging this show now?".

Elisaaa

Elisaaa

• Members
  • 1,761 posts
i want Britney to do a second season !!! Im slightly happy that LA is not coming back. I don´t like him that much.

MH303

MH303

Veteran Britney Fan... Slaying Newbies On The Daily...

• Banned
  • 9,517 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado
They should let Demi go and have Britney, Simon, and someone thats in the music industry like a music producer like 'Kenneth Babyface Edmonds' or someone like that, and then add another male and let Britney be the only female...

The other male can be a singer between the ages of 21-30

ashley.

ashley.

• Members
  • 12,127 posts
they need to get a relevant (or semi relevant) male artist.. too bad Usher is with the voice bc that would have been good

they need to get rid of Demi and get another female that is older/more mature

Britney idk.. eh judge, good mentor.. they probably would want to keep her bc she brings press to the show (i dont want her to sign again but wouldn't be surprised if she does)

MH303

MH303

Veteran Britney Fan... Slaying Newbies On The Daily...

• Banned
  • 9,517 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

i want Britney to do a second season !!! Im slightly happy that LA is not coming back. I don´t like him that much.

i agree and he shaded his group then once he seen that vino and tate were top vote getters n the public liked them la jumped on board and he announced tate stevens name so flamin.

Mártin

Mártin

Kiss, Bite

• Senior Members
  • 43,054 posts
:bai: l.a.

ZoneGirl

ZoneGirl

Like a karate kid

• Members
  • 4,583 posts
  • LocationUnited States
I almost forgot L.A. was still the chairman of a record label. Yeah, he needs to go back to his day job. Waaay more important than The X Factor.

Me. I Am Angel

Me. I Am Angel

Angel

• Senior Members
  • 41,588 posts
Thank God. No one cares about him . They need a relevant hot male artist in the panel so badly.

Posted Image

summers

summers

• Members
  • 2,870 posts
Oh, I don't really like LA but I don't know how I feel about this exactly. I think Britney should do another season.

The General Public (and I) like seeing a stable judge's table, when it's constantly changing it's exciting at first, but not for the long run. Having the judges to look forward to the next year is such a great thing. American Idol did a good job with it.

I'm not saying the panel should always be the same, because change every few years is good, just not every single year.

Toni Collette

Toni Collette

• Members
  • 11,464 posts
Bye L.A, noone will miss you. :qtney:
  • gigabrit and Me. I Am Angel like this

Fraser

Fraser

The Flood

• Senior Members
  • 19,846 posts
Why do I have a feeling Simon will keep Demi and fire Britney :awk:

Let go

Let go

Posting Freak

• Members
  • 5,269 posts
i just wanna know will brit return the next season or not ? i reallly want her to do another season ...but i am not sure simon wants her any more :ugohome: btw demi sucks ..she better not return next seaon...she is not a good mentor..its not the right time for her...some one more expirenced..for example shania twin and britney ..oh my god ..this will be epic :crying2:

Me. I Am Angel

Me. I Am Angel

Angel

• Senior Members
  • 41,588 posts

He could never fire Brit. She's no Nicole. Even if he doesn't want her next season they will make it seem like she left on her own. And Demi is staying for sure imo

ashley.

ashley.

• Members
  • 12,127 posts

i doubt it..

she's a good judge but she's unprofessional at times and she's a sh!t mentor. Simon has told her this many times during live shows.. i don't think she has enough experience for this yet

Revenge

Revenge

Jake

• Senior Members
  • 36,653 posts
  • LocationDemi's Magical Lady Parts <3

Tbh no one fires Brtney
Britney will quit lol
:lmfaoo:
  • Agustina and Ant 'Opz' like this

jj_boha

jj_boha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4,440 posts
I really don't think they're gonna want to keep Demi.

Why do you think that? She isn't a good mentor and ruined her acts. :lul:

Elisaaa

Elisaaa

• Members
  • 1,761 posts

i agree and he shaded his group then once he seen that vino and tate were top vote getters n the public liked them la jumped on board and he announced tate stevens name so flamin.

The little i watched last year he was really annoying then too. I think he plays too much it as a game, like Simon does. Simon just does it better. LA comes of so pressed and angry most of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users