Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Summer.

Rollingstone Reviews 'lotus'

23 posts in this topic

By Jon Dolan

November 20, 2012

Don't let the spiritual-rebirth title of Xtina's fifth LP fool you. Christina Aguilera has only one religious affiliation – the cult of the voice. And she has a great diva theme to rap her pipes around: surviving a divorce. "Spin around in circles on my middle, middle finger," she sings on "Circles." Producers like Shellback and Max Martin give her top-line tracks to body-slam, but, sadly, her bombastic breakup ballad with Blake Shelton, "Just a Fool," sounds more like a battle round on The Voice than a friendly duet. It's just one telling moment where this vitriol-tsunami of a record misses a chance to connect Aguilera's music with her warm, empathetic TV presence.

Read more: http://www.rollingst...0#ixzz2CmWebRO1

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebookhttp://www.rollingst.../lotus-20121120

2.5 stars out of 5

Same as Floponic.

Poor Flop.

Also they could barely take the time to write something..lol

I hate this album tbh. I thought she's do something amazing, fresh, cool. but it sucks, it's like a bunch of songs written by carly rae rapsen.

and the Just a fool part is so true. it sounds like a the voice battle

I hate this album tbh. I thought she's do something amazing, fresh, cool. but it sucks, it's like a bunch of songs written by carly rae rapsen.

Kiss >>>>>>>>>> Lotus lbr.

Carly did everything right when she decided to make a mainstream pop album. Christina did not.

Carly Rae Jepsen songs are too many better than this. I really like CRJ, and Flopus sucks. The only regular song of Lotus is Your Body, all of the other songs are out dated and really bad