We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
ImperfectAngel

Theories on why Rihanna\'s album is not doing well.

People aren\'t taking Rihanna\'s new \"Hard Ass\" image seriously. I think she should just be herself because the general public is srsly rolling their eyes. Suxx & I love her, but it\'s true.

:(

I think it really is down to single choices.

She Her Record Company chose to go with Russia Roulette because it relates to what she went through in the past, sort of using that to boost sales and also thinking it would be her next Unfaithful and Take A Bow. That proved unsuccessful so that effected it.

Then it was the release of \"Wait Your Turn\", the video was released before \"Russian Roulette\" which confused a lot of people, it was as if two singles were being released and nobody knew what she was releasing and what was an \'album preview\'.

Then she announces she is releasing Hard and does the video which is awesome. In my view she should have went for Hard first, then went with Firebomb as the slow song then took it from there.

With \"Wait Your Turn\", it should have been released first, way before anything else to give people a taster but they should have let it KNOWN that it was just an album taster for fans. Plus they should have just used the video from the website with \"Wait Your Turn\".

I love Rated R and in my books is my album of the year and better than GGGB, i just think her record company done everything so wrong. I hope it does what GGGB did and stayed on the charts for ever because it deserves it and is so underrated.

GO RIRI AND RATED R!

the album SUCKS

i rememeber after hearing it it felt like a waste of my time

nothing on there is single wrothy song

then u got that Russian Roulette single which no1 liked and thats part of why the album was slow to pick up

then the next single floped so Hard came out and yeah its not doing nothing

she might be able to save herself with Stupid In Love only cos its Old Ri

shes changed her music style TOOOO FAST

her fans didnt grow with her which is another thing that happen

im sure her new album will be out at the end of this new year since she comes out with a CD every year and im sure it will be back to her old style

I agree with people not expecting the dark Rihanna with Russian Roulette, at first when it came out I was like \"WTF is this?\" i was expecting like Disturbia or something. but, this is a GREAT CD it was my fav of 09, im listening to it now. its just different, and very different for her. kind of like when britney did Slave, people were used to her doing BOMT and OIDIA and it didnt sell as well.

her label is already pushing Rude Boy is the US. its going for adds on radio February 9th. so she\'ll probably be shooting the video soon. i hope they push bad the adds date, Hard isn\'t even done rising yet.

also there are rumors she\'s working on a new project for the summer. probably a rerelease, who knows.

Sometimes the most neglected material is the best...

IDGAF about sales with this album, cause the quality of it, and the lyrics and new sound is just :hearts:

I\'ll support with and without success.

well good songs, but sorry NOT \"masterpieces\" lol she\'s not THAT good, she can\'t even sing and i\'m soooo over her.

This Chris Brown situation is biting her in the ass because people think she\'s whoring it out and playing victim. The album is SO SO good. I don\'t want her to be discouraged from doing her own thing, but clearly she will be. Def Jam obviously isn\'t too happy with this & they were kind of iffy upon release too as you can tell in her Thank Yous in the booklet. She took a risk and while it may not have paid off financially, it paid off for fans indefinitely.

Originally posted by ItsTime

I think it really is down to single choices.

She Her Record Company chose to go with Russia Roulette because it relates to what she went through in the past, sort of using that to boost sales and also thinking it would be her next Unfaithful and Take A Bow. That proved unsuccessful so that effected it.

Then it was the release of \"Wait Your Turn\", the video was released before \"Russian Roulette\" which confused a lot of people, it was as if two singles were being released and nobody knew what she was releasing and what was an \'album preview\'.

Then she announces she is releasing Hard and does the video which is awesome. In my view she should have went for Hard first, then went with Firebomb as the slow song then took it from there.

With \"Wait Your Turn\", it should have been released first, way before anything else to give people a taster but they should have let it KNOWN that it was just an album taster for fans. Plus they should have just used the video from the website with \"Wait Your Turn\".

THIS.

When I heard Russian Roulette I was like \"What is this?!\", later I started to like it a bit, but I never really loved it.

Later the Wait Your Turn video comes out first that the Russian Roulette, so it was very confusing.

But if the record label picks the next singles good, it will sell more.

Wait your turn is quite a powerful song and it should \'ve been released as first single...with the right promotion.I think her management probably wanted to focus more on the whole Chris Brown theme and less on the music.Gossip sells,sad but true.

I mean Russian Roulette is good and has a personal meaning to her but...it\'s just not a lead single!

yeah..no. RR is a success. rihanna doesnt have big opening week cos she doesnt have a big fan base like britney. but rihanna, unlike britney, has longevity cos the general public enjoys her songs.

album is selling steady...in the long run it will outsell circus. its 100 times better than circus crap, rihanna has a quality album. Firebomb>>>>>britney\'s career.

Originally posted by UnusualYou%95

yeah..no. RR is a success. rihanna doesnt have big opening week cos she doesnt have a big fan base like britney. but rihanna, unlike britney, has longevity cos the general public enjoys her songs.

album is selling steady...in the long run it will outsell circus. its 100 times better than circus crap, rihanna has a quality album. Firebomb>>>>>britney\'s career.

Ew Rated R is horrible! Circus is much better!

Originally posted by lustwecantcontrol

Originally posted by UnusualYou%95

Ew Rated R is horrible! Circus is much better!

yeah..no/ when was the last time you listened to my baby? lace ^leather? blur? all circus is crap

It\'s Def-Jam own fault. They did the samething with Mariah making I want to know hat love is the 2nd single after obsessed.

I don\'t see Rihanna having much success with this album the album is just not that good and was promoted all wrong and she also should of shut her mouth about what happened with her and C.Brown the public is sick of them both