We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
ImperfectAngel

Theories on why Rihanna\'s album is not doing well.

I will NOT call this project a flop because it is not near it\'s peak yet I hope. It really is an amazing album. It can be a HUGE commercial success. The sad thing is is that she promotes the sh!t out of it.

These are my theories on why it is not doing well at the moment:

- Russian Roulette was a bad choice for a first single. The general public was probably freaked out with the image she was coming out with. Hard should have been the first single, or something stronger. Then, Fire Bomb or something commercial for a lighter song. Release another club banger and then release Russian Roulette if all is successful. I just don\'t get what her label was thinking.

- During GGGB they released entirely too many singles. It was overkill. People got tired of her.

What\'s your theories?

it\'s not a flop. it\'s already sold over a million copies and is staying steady on the charts, it\'s still top 20 in the us and worldwide. it will end it\'s run with a decent total as long as good singles are chosen. rihanna has never been a huge first week seller, but she\'s consistent in sales. and russian roulette was the first single because rihanna wanted it to be. she said herself anyone can record a hit, but she wanted a song that meant something. and in general if anyone\'s disappointed with the album it\'s because they wanted a good girl gone bad 2.0, period!

Originally posted by ThisIsRebellion

Originally posted by Catalina

I think people just got tired of her

She should have stopped after Take a Bow. She should have never released Hate That I Love You.

didn\'t she release rehab after that too? I have nothing against her but she is starting to become like beyonce. I feel like they shove their music at us

She should have stopped after Take a Bow. She should have never released Hate That I Love You.

didn\'t she release rehab after that too? I have nothing against her but she is starting to become like beyonce. I feel like they shove their music at us

gerl get over it. yes she released 8 singles total from the good girl gone bad era, but remember there was a rerelease. but why shouldn\'t she? it was an amazing album and every song was a hit. it would have been stupid to only release 4 singles or something.

Originally posted by OhHay

gerl get over it. yes she released 8 singles total from the good girl gone bad era, but remember there was a rerelease. but why shouldn\'t she? it was an amazing album and every song was a hit. it would have been stupid to only release 4 singles or something.

8 is overkill.

8 is overkill.

if britney did it i\'m sure no one would have a problem with it, and nope it\'s not, not when you have an album as amazing as good girl gone bad.

8 is overkill.

if britney did it i\'m sure no one would have a problem with it, and nope it\'s not, not when you have an album as amazing as good girl gone bad.

I would have had a problem with it. It was a good album and I loved it but Rehab was just too much. It\'s a really great song but she should have left it at Disturbia, that\'s more than enough.

8 is overkill.

I would have had a problem with it. It was a good album and I loved it but Rehab was just too much. It\'s a really great song but she should have left it at Disturbia, that\'s more than enough.

and rehab still managed to peak within the top 20 lol. but anyways i thought this topic was to discuss rated r, not criticize how many singles rihanna released during her previous era.

8 is overkill.

and rehab still managed to peak within the top 20 lol. but anyways i thought this topic was to discuss rated r, not criticize how many singles rihanna released during her previous era.

LMFAO. I\'m sorry. Ok, we don\'t need to fight about this. I guess they know what they\'re doing. I love RiRi and Rated R.

it\'s not a flop. it\'s already sold over a million copies and is staying steady on the charts, it\'s still top 20 in the us and worldwide. it will end it\'s run with a decent total as long as good singles are chosen. rihanna has never been a huge first week seller, but she\'s consistent in sales. and russian roulette was the first single because rihanna wanted it to be. she said herself anyone can record a hit, but she wanted a song that meant something. and in general if anyone\'s disappointed with the album it\'s because they wanted a good girl gone bad 2.0, period!

it\'s true

Originally posted by haveyoumetmark

it\'s true

I never said it was a FLOP. it\'s doing okay. I just want her to do well. It\'s an amazing album. As far as russian roulette, it could have helped the album... but what do I know :lol:

hard would have been a better first single for the us, but as for worldwide russian roulette has done amazing. it\'s went top 5 or top 10 in all of europe, and other parts of the world. so i think it was a good first single. hard is keeping her sales steady in the us, while RR sells the album worldwide. her sales will be fine by the end of it. the next single in the uk is rude boy, and if it does well, will probably be the third single in the us. i love rude boy! but i love every song on rated r lol.

hard would have been a better first single for the us, but as for worldwide russian roulette has done amazing. it\'s went top 5 or top 10 in all of europe, and other parts of the world. so i think it was a good first single. hard is keeping her sales steady in the us, while RR sells the album worldwide. her sales will be fine by the end of it. the next single in the uk is rude boy, and if it does well, will probably be the third single in the us. i love rude boy! but i love every song on rated r lol.

Fire Bomb neeeds to be a single. And I hope Rude Boy does well. I like Wait your Turn too.

i love fire bomb but i\'m not sure how well it would do on the charts. she needs the songs that\'ll sell the album. rihanna will probably want photographs, she always says it\'s her favorite.

and me too, i want a video for rude boy! :hearts: wait your turn is good, it\'s very urban. there is like a song for everybody on rated r.

i love fire bomb but i\'m not sure how well it would do on the charts. she needs the songs that\'ll sell the album. rihanna will probably want photographs, she always says it\'s her favorite.

and me too, i want a video for rude boy! :hearts: wait your turn is good, it\'s very urban. there is like a song for everybody on rated r.

and it also depends it your mood at the moment. i\'ve been depressed for a few months and listening to 3 is hard. LMFAO. I like Russian Roulette more at the moment because I can relate. LOL.

and it also depends it your mood at the moment. i\'ve been depressed for a few months and listening to 3 is hard. LMFAO. I like Russian Roulette more at the moment because I can relate. LOL.

lmao aw! i can relate too. but even if I\'m not going through it at the moment, I like songs with a lot of emotion and that are powerful. :hearts: