Britney May Take An Extended Break From Piece Of Me In 2018

Either really good news, or really bad news.

2017 is totally booked for Britney Spears. She has shows in Vegas scheduled through May, then will tour overseas. As it stands, Brit has performances at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, the capital of the Philippines, on June 15, one at Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv, Israel, on July 3 and three in Japan. It's rumored she'll announce shows in Argentina, Brazil, France, England and Australia in the coming months. After the summer tour, Brit heads back to Vegas for a couple more months, but then? Who knows.

Her manager, Larry Rudolph, told the Las Vegas Review Journal once her contract ends on Dec. 31 with Planet Hollywood, she may take an "extended break." The same report suggests she could use that time to completely revamp the show, including a name change, and re-launch during the 20th anniversary of "Baby One More Time" in 2018. There's chatter she could relocate to the Park Theater at Monte Carlo.

Just last week, a report suggested Britney would definitely stay in the desert for at least several more years. A source told the RJ “it’s 99.9 percent certain that she will stay in Las Vegas.”

As much as we love Britney regularly performing in Vegas, it's time to spice things up. Perhaps a hiatus will inspire the pop star to continue traveling the globe and finish her tenth studio album. Or revitalize Piece Of Me. Either way, it's a safe bet to assume an "extended break" doesn't mean she won't be getting to work, bitch.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.