Aubrey + Shannon spilled the tea on errrthang.
We’ve had so many questions regarding Danity Kane for quite some time, and it seems as if all of the tid bits from the past have finally surfaced, courtesy of dumblonde’s recent visit to Power 105.1’s "The Breakfast Club" on Monday (September 14). During the chat, Aubrey O’Day and Shannon opened up about their DK past and why dumblonde just works for the both of them.
In case you haven't had the chance to watch their interview, BreatheHeavy has rounded up 7 of the major highlights from the very candid sit-down. Take a look below!
1. Aubrey admitted that she did the “white girl” thing by calling the cops and her lawyer after Dawn Richard (pronounced rich – erd) physically assaulted her, but we can’t blame her. The whole thing escalated because Dawn’s plans for her solo ventures conflicted with the group’s goals … yet again.
2. You might think Shannon is shy, but she said she wouldn’t have put up with Dawn’s “sucker punch” and would have likely retaliated. "I don't think I would have reacted the same way," Shannon told the DJs. Dawn ran out of the room immediately after the hit, leaving the twosome ... well, dumbfounded and heartbroken.
3. The main reason why Aubs wanted to get everything documented with the popo was because Dawn went to TMZ before everything went public with an extremely fabricated story, which never saw the light of day for obvious reasons. We see you, Dawn.
4. Aubrey let us in on an old-school story about how Dawn vs. Danity Kane really started out. Six years ago, Dawn used a pseudo user name to purposely talk shit about Aubrey and D. Woods on Aubrey's official message board. She even had the IP address to prove it. Take into consideration that this was during the "Making the Band" days.
5. Speaking of D. Woods, Aubrey and her former DK sis are seemingly on good terms. Ebony and Ivory recently reunited to talk through all the ish that went down.
6. With DK now entirely behind them, dumblonde is still going strong, and they even have matching tattoos to prove it. "We found our stream. We found our current and we're going," Aubrey said.
7. With only 10 days left until the release of their debut album, the girls are currently playing shows around the country and filming a VH1 reality show, which may or may not feature other former girl group members.
Watch dumblonde’s “Breakfast Club” interview below!