Happy 22nd Birthday Justin!
2. The Comedy Central Roast, where he proved he can make fun of himself and laugh trough two hours of comedians calling him a "piece of shit".
3. The nonstop apology tour, including multiple appearances on Ellen and remorseful magazine interviews. Justin said sorry so many time this year that we just couldn't help but forgive him.
"I was rebelling a little bit,” he told Seventeen magazine. “I was getting cockier and cockier. I didn’t have people to check me.” “I looked back and I was disappointed in myself. You have to own up to the mistakes. You have to say, ‘I’m sorry if I’ve let you down.’ I always want to be honest and let people know that those mistakes aren’t who I am. Who I am is someone who really cares about people.”
4. His countless energetic performances of his crazy-good Jack U collaboration "Where Are U Now".
5. "What Do U Mean", the smash first single off his latest album that proved to be almost entirely hater-proof.
6. His triumphant return to the VMA stage, his first performance at the award show since 2010.
7. The premiere of the irrefutably catchy "Sorry", his second single off the album, and its replay-worthy music video.
8. The release of his fourth studio album Purpose, which debuted at Number 1 and was called the best album of his career by many.
9. His insane Ozzy Osbourne impression on Lip Sync Battle complete with long black wig and eye liner.
10. His donation of a dollar from every ticket bought to his Purpose tour to a performing arts school in Detroit.
11. His acoustic performance of "Baby" on Today that reminded us all why the world fell in love with Bieber in the first place.
12. Every amazing instalment of Carpool Karaoke with James Corden. From rocking out to Alanis Morissette, to helping James update his wardrobe, we loved every second of it.
13. His intimate performance of Love Yourself on Ellen, where he showcased his sweet vocals.
14. His support of the NHS choir dethroning him for the Christmas Number 1 atop the UK charts.
15. The closing number of the AMAs, where he performed a medley of hits, ending with an epic finale in the rain.
16. His Calvin Klein campaign that solidified his sex-symbol status.
17. His countrification of “Where Are U Now” on Jimmy Fallon.
18. His cover of clash magazine, that left us all wanting to see more.
19. That time he called Britney Spears a “legend” and acknowledged that "Baby One More Time" is one of the greatest songs of all time in an interview with Capital FM.
20. His remix of Drake’s Hotline Bling, that’s actually really good?
21. His iD magazine cover, that showed off his newfound maturity.
“People are really interested because of the transiption from boy to man. It was tough because I had to really stick to my guns. I was like, ‘I’m going to fight it. I’m going to fight what you say, even if you guys are going to stop pushing my project. I would rather not be successful than let you steal this from me.’ Finally, I’d pushed for so long and been so consistent — ‘It’s either this way or it’s no way, you let me do this or nothing’ — that they let me do what I wanted to do.”
22. The 2016 Grammys, where he melted our hearts walking the red carpet with his little brother, turned out a great performance and took home his first Grammy